kitesurfing & Spanish Package
Our excellent Kitesurfing & Spanish course takes place in the wonderful Tarifa – the windy city! Tarifa is the southern-tip of Spain, only 14km from Morocco, on most days you can almost see inside the houses in Africa! The prominent Levante and Poniente wind make Tarifa a special place to come for a kiting holiday. Besides all that Tarifa itself has a stunning, walled old medieval town with excellent bars and restaurants, and all of that is surrounded by a natural park Los Alcornocales.
A typical day (arrival and departure days not included) will consist of a tasty buffet breakfast at 9.30am during which you will learn how to order a breakfast in Spanish and have fun practising new vocabulary and conversational skills.
Spanish classes will take place for 2 hours every day within the hotel. They will be fun and creative and will focus on practical real life, everyday language. Do not worry if you have no Spanish we will ensure that you leave Tarifa with a basic level. You will get a chance to practice your Spanish in the evenings with our evening tour guide who will show you the most important places to eat and have fun in Tarifa.
Within this package, you will have 2 hours kitesurfing each day with an instructor in a group of 2/3 people who are at your level. This package is suitable for beginners to intermediates. If it is your first kitesurfing trip but you are confident riding at your local beaches, we can help you become confident and transfer your skills and learn to understand new conditions. If you have the basics but would like to improve and broaden your experience in new conditions this course is for you. In total, you will have 10 hours kiting. If the instructor thinks you are capable and proficient, you will have the opportunity to use our equipment independently for a small extra charge.
In between Spanish lessons and kite lessons, you will then be free to chill and relax at the pool, or the hotel bar or restaurant or go for a breath-taking sunset stroll. This wonderful hotel has a superb location, just 10 minutes outside Tarifa with views to the sea and the mountains, 2 minutes walk to the kite beach and looking out on the spectacular Los Alcornocales Natural Park.
All this makes this course a fantastic way to meet new friends, become inspired and motivated, and learn new skills at the same time.
7 nights/6 days program
- 7 nights accommodation in a luxury hotel in a double room with views of the sea or the mountains (extra charge for single occupancy)
- 6 large breakfast buffets and 6 packed lunch
- Creative Spanish classes for 2 hours each day (with the exception of the rest day) with a native Spanish teacher focusing on language for real life situations such as ordering food and conversation
- 5 x 2 hour kitesurf sessions with an instructor with a maximum of 2/3 per group
- Rest day (the middle day) – is your free day where we can help you to organise a trip eg. day trip to Morocco, visit Cadiz city, surf lessons, climbing lesson, or simply relax, walk in the surrounding countryside or by the beach.
- 3 nights with a local tour guide to show you the best places to eat and go out in Tarifa town including transport to and from the centre of town.
Add-on options –
- Airport transfer
Flights are not included. You will need to fly to Málaga/Gibraltar/Seville/Jerez de la Frontera. There is a bus connection from most airports, although it is infrequent, best to check in advance. We can arrange transfers to Tarifa from the airport. Prices range from €70-90 (depending on time and numbers) – please contact us for more details
Tarifa has many beautiful places to visit which are difficult to get to on public transport, it is also a good option to rent a car at the airport.
Price and dates
October 2018 exact dates and prices to follow
A deposit of €150 is required to hold your spot, full balance is required when you arrive at the course.
All course participants must have travel insurance which covers them for activities specific to this course.