Mountain bike trips
Our Mountain bike trips take place in the mountainous area of El Chorro, located one hour north of Malaga, in Southern Spain. Unpopulated and wild, El Chorro is the ideal place to explore mountain bike trails on two wheels. If you want to have fun, experience a variety of cross country trails, demanding uphills and technical downhills, come and join us on one of our Mountain bike trips in Spain.
Be inspired, exceed your expectations, ignite your passion – each day will be a new adventure
During your trip, your guide will bring you on a variety of single tracks and wider cross country trails. Your daily rides will include downhills and mountainous uphill routes. The duration of the rides will vary depending on the group, the ability and stamina of the riders. Throughout your ride, we will ensure you are challenged and satisfied with each route. Our guide has been riding these local trails and tracks for the past 20 years, he knows each and every corner of this area. He will modify the routes and show you the best there is on offer for a mountain biker in the South of Spain to ensure you get the best experience possible from your Mountain bike trip with Meraki. Our routes include forest trails, technical single tracks, uphills and of course some adrenaline pumping descents.
- 47nights dormitory accommodation (extra charge for single room or private apartment)
- Tasty daily breakfast buffet
- 3 dinners, 2 lunches included in the price, some lunches and dinners not included as you will be visiting local tapa bars and restaurants.
- 6 days guided trails in small groups ( daily distances will vary depending on technicality & elevation of route )
- Transport to and from the trails when needed.
- Intermediate fitness level is required. Trails can be extended or reduced to a certain degree.
- Please bring your own helmets, water bottles
Add-on options –
- Bike hire not included – please enquire for prices
- Airport transfer – price depends on numbers and timetable, please enquire
- Upgrade accommodation, please enquire regarding prices
- Morning yoga classes available for an additional charge
You will need to fly to Málaga airport. From there, there are a few options. There is a train connection from the airport to El Chorro, although it is infrequent, best to check in advance. Check for times here
We can arrange private transfers to El Chorro from the airport. Prices range from €40 – €70 (depending on time and numbers) – please contact us for more details
If you like to be more independent, you can also rent a car at the airport.
Price and dates
Please contact us for up to date dates and prices. Groups of 4 or more can choose the dates that suit your group.
A deposit of 150€ is required to hold your spot, full balance is required 1 month before the start of the course
All course participants must have travel insurance which covers them for activities specific to this course.